City of Plainfield
Home / Economic Development/ When Do I need Zoning Review?

When Do I need Zoning Review?

Below is a summary of all types of projects that require a Zoning review from:

  • Zoning officer- New Businesses, Changes of tenancy for businesses, exterior improvements to a property (excluding painting, siding, window, and roof repairs).
  • Zoning Board of adjustments The Zoning Board only reviews applications that are requesting use variances. [The zoning officer is still the first step, as he must certify that the use requires zoning board review]

Of you have any questions regarding Zoning or the Zoning process – Contact:
Ronald Johnson, Zoning Officer
Phone: 908-753-3603
Fax: 908-753-2580