- The Division of Information Technology provides quality technological services, in the most cost-effective manner, to facilitate the City of Plainfield’s mission as it applies to the service of the community.
- Provides phone support, onsite troubleshooting and repair for all of the City’s technological devices, including but not limited to, computers, network servers, IP telephones, cellular communications and printers.
- Facilitates the collection, storage and security of all electronic data while ensuring appropriate access.
- Promotes and facilitates the effective integration of technology into the basic mission of the City through planning, programming and training.
- Maintains, enhances and manages the City’s enterprise networks to provide high speed, transparent and highly functional connectivity among all data resources.
- Promotes uses of information technology within the institution through the support for exploratory and innovative applications and solutions.
- Maintains, enhances and manages the City’s website.
- Provides advisement for strategic planning in the purchase and use of technology.