translate icon

When Is A Zoning Review Required

Below is a summary of the types of projects that require an Application for Development Permit (Zoning Permit) from the Zoning Officer.

  • New Businesses
  • Changes of tenancy for business
  • Exterior Improvements to a property (including paving, fences, sheds, pools, condenser units, porch repairs, etc.)
  • Exterior Improvements to a property located in a Historic Districts or Designated as a Landmark including siding, windows, facade repairs and roof repairs)
  • Exterior and Interior Improvements to a property located in a Flood Zone

Application for Development Permit - Updated 2022.07

Application for Development Permit in a Flood Zone

Flood Zone Flow Chart

For questions regarding  Legal Use or the Zoning Permit Process contact:

N'dela Costley, Zoning Officer
508 Watchung Avenue
Plainfield, NJ 07060
Phone: 908-226-2578
Email: n'