Zoning Board of Adjustment
About the Zoning Board of Adjustments
Each town in New Jersey has zoning regulations that dictate how property can be used; The Zoning Board is a quasi-judicial board that grants relief from these regulations when they cannot or have not been met by a property owner. Using the municipal Land Use Ordinance as a guiding document, the Zoning Board reviews a number of materials presented by applicants, including testimony, to decide whether to grant an applicant relief. The requests for relief are not based on policy, but rather upon the ability of an applicant to prove his or her case. The Zoning Board members must make decisions as much as a judge does in court.
The Zoning Board of Adjustments will hold all meetings on the first Wednesday of each month unless otherwise noted and will start at 7:00 PM in the Plainfield City Hall Library (515 Watchung Avenue).
All files pertinent to Zoning Board of Adjustments meetings may be found by visiting the following link: [LINK COMING SOON!]
Please contact the Board Secretary if you have any questions comments, or concerns regarding the Zoning Board of Adjustments.
Name: Daniel White
Address: 515 Watchung Ave, Room 202, Plainfield, NJ 07060
- Zoning Board of Adjustments Meetings
- Zoning Board of Adjustments Meeting Documents
- Zoning Board of Adjustments Membership
- Zoning Board of Adjustments Agendas & Meeting Minutes
- Resources & Documents
- Planning Division
- Zoning Unit
- Building & Construction Division
1. Application for Planning Board & Zoning
2. PL4085-017a Schedule A Use Restrictions
3. PL4085-017b Schedule B Bulk Zoning Requirements