translate icon

When Is A Zoning Review Required


When is A Zoning Review Required?

Below is a summary of the types of projects that require an Application for Development Permit (Zoning Permit) from the Zoning Officer
  • New Business 
  • Changes of tenancy for business
  • Exterior Improvements to a property (including paving, fences, sheds, pools, condenser units, porch repairs, etc.)
  • Exterior Improvements to a property located in a Historic District or Designated as a Landmark including sidings, windows, facade repairs and roof repairs) 
  • Exterior and Interior Improvements to a property located in a Flood Zone
                             Application for Development Permit                                  Application for Development Permit in a Flood Zone 
Application for Development Permit form -071922.doc-1
Flood Zone Application-1

                                                               Flood Zone Flow Chart
Flood Zone Flow Chart-1

For questions regarding Legal Use or the Zoning Permit Process, contact:
N'dela Costley, Zoning Officer
508 Watchung Avenue

Plainfield, NJ 07060
Phone: 908-226-2578
Email: n'