Public Health is mostly involved in Preventive Medicine links, the knowledge and skills of clinical medicine with the special skill sets of medical management and population health.
- Promote and preserve health and longevity in individuals and populations.
- Enhance quality in health care systems and eliminate health disparities.
- Facilitate early diagnosis with screening and education.
- Use epidemiology and biostatistics to improve the quality of life.
- Focus on prevention rather than cure.
- Preventing epidemics and the spread of disease.
- Protecting the community against environmental hazards.
- Preventing injuries.
- Promoting and encourage healthy behaviors.
- Responding to disasters and assist communities in recovery.
- Monitor health status to identify community problems.
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and hazards.
- Inform, educate and empower communities about health issues.
- Mobilize community partnerships to identify and resolve problems.
- Develop policies and plans that support community health efforts.
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and provide safety.
- Link those in need to personal health and health care services when not otherwise available.
- Assure a competent public health workforce.
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of health services.
- Investigate and employ innovative solutions to health problems.
Categories always sorted by seq (sub-categories sorted within each category)
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category
Chromium in Drinking Water1 document
Chromium in Drinking Water Summary
Free Community Health Screening2 documents
Free Community Health Screening
Examenes de Salud Gratis
Earned Sick Time Information6 documents
Paid Sick Time Law
La Ley de Tiempo por Enfermedad
Paid Sick Time Questionnaire
Paid Sick Time Questionnaire Spanish
Paid Sick Leave Advisory Notice
Paid Sick Leave Advisory Notice Spanish