Department of Health & Social Services
Public Health is mostly involved in Preventive Medicine links, the knowledge and skills of clinical medicine with the special skill sets of medical management and population health.
COVID-19 Health Updates
|Plainfield Vaccination program 2020
Three Divisions make up the Department of Health & Social Services:
- Promote and preserve health and longevity in individuals and populations.
- Enhance quality in health care systems and eliminate health disparities.
- Facilitate early diagnosis with screening and education.
- Use epidemiology and biostatistics to improve the quality of life.
- Focus on prevention rather than cure.
The Division of Health is:
- Preventing epidemics and the spread of disease.
- Protecting the community against environmental hazards.
- Preventing injuries.
- Promoting and encourage healthy behaviors.
- Responding to disasters and assist communities in recovery.
Essential Services Provided:
- Monitor health status to identify community problems.
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and hazards.
- Inform, educate and empower communities about health issues.
- Mobilize community partnerships to identify and resolve problems.
- Develop policies and plans that support community health efforts.
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and provide safety.
- Link those in need to personal health and health care services when not otherwise available.
- Assure a competent public health workforce.
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of health services.
- Investigate and employ innovative solutions to health problems.